The 10 Fair Data Principles
- CONSENT. We will ensure all personal data is collected with participants’/customers’ consent.
- USE. We will not use personal data for any purpose other than that for which consent was given, respecting participants’/customers’ wishes about the use of their data.
- ACCESS. We will ensure customers have access to their personal data and we will tell them how we use it.
- SECURITY. We will protect personal data and keep it secure and confidential.
- RESPECT. We will ensure staff understand personal data is just that – personal – and ensure that it is treated it with respect.
- PROTECTION. We will ensure vulnerable and underage people are properly protected by the processes we use for data collection.
- SUPPLY CHAIN. We will manage our data supply chain to the same ethical standards we expect from other suppliers.
- PROCUREMENT. We will ensure ethical best practice in personal data is integral to our procurement process.
- TRAINING. We will ensure all staff who have access to personal data are properly trained in its use.
- REPUTATION. We will not use personal data if there is uncertainty as to whether the Fair Data Principles have been applied.